Student Media staff is happy to support your organization in planning an event—a launch party or reading, film festival, speaker event or something else! All fall 2020 events will be hosted online, please contact your advisor for more information on the event planning process for online events.
- All events require an Event Proposal Form, which is available in the Press Center. Please fill this out with the Student Media Operations Coordinator or your advisor.
- Major events require at least SIX weeks to plan, so the organization and Student Media can collaborate with other campus units that may be involved (TAPS, campus police, caterers, the venue, etc.).
- Most events involving food require a university food permit. Please discuss this with your advisor early in the process.
- Due to liability and risk-management issues, events are restricted to on-campus only.
- Work with your advisor to ensure you have sufficient funding to cover the event. Some funding may have stipulations on its use.
Please keep in mind, planning events take time, so be sure to check in with your advisor early in the process!
This training is required for all fiscal reps and business managers. You will learn how to read your organization’s ledger, track org expenses, submit purchase requests, and create spending plans.
Here you can find information about required trainings for orgs. To learn more about these trainings, visit the SOMeCA site by clicking here.