Student Media offers workshops in media law and ethics in the fall and winter quarters. In addition, you may find these online resources to be helpful.
Financial & Purchase Forms
For registered student organizations (RSOs), Student Media provides an organization account for financial operations. Please review the Financial Timeline and Frequently Used Vendors along with the subsequent forms for more information on how to access the organization’s funds. These forms may be submitted to the Student Media Office, M-F, 9am-5pm. Please be advised that these forms will require fiscal review and advisor authorization as part of the fiscal protocol.
Network & Computer Accounts
Organization leaders and members wishing to use the computers and servers at the Student Media Press Center must fill out the form below. Remember to read the computer and network policies as well.
If your organization is looking to reserve computers and/or space in the Student Media Press Center, please fill out the form below. Many students and organizations use the building space, so plan ahead and be mindful of what your organization will be using.
Student Media staff is happy to support your organization in planning an event—a launch party or reading, film festival, speaker event or something else!
- All events require an Event Proposal Form, which is available in the Press Center. Please fill this out with the Student Media Operations Coordinator or your advisor.
- Major events require at least SIX weeks to plan, so the organization and Student Media can collaborate with other campus units that may be involved (TAPS, campus police, caterers, the venue, etc.).
- Most events involving food require a university food permit. Please discuss this with your advisor early in the process.
- Due to liability and risk-management issues, events are restricted to on-campus only.
- Work with your advisor to ensure you have sufficient funding to cover the event. Some funding may have stipulations on its use.
Please keep in mind, planning events take time, so be sure to check in with your advisor early in the process!
Event Campus Funding Sources
Stevenson College Student Council
Kresge College Parliament
Rachel Carson College Senate
If you would like to write your organization’s constitution, here are some guidelines and resources that will help you develop it. Remember, an updated constitution is required for registration and for your organization’s governance.
Student Media employs one or two people every year to help organizations with their web presence. They are experienced in almost everything web related, and are ready to teach you and answer questions. Send them an email at email@example.com!
This is Kris’ second year as the Web Dev for Student Media. If you have any questions about anything web related, feel free to send him an email or come up to him anytime!